Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are absolutely beautiful completed and are wonderful served with a green salad and whole potatoes.
- 4 sole fillets, skinned
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons hazelnuts, coarsely ground
- 12 ounces frozen puff pastry
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Season the sole with salt and pepper. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Place in an oven proof dish with the milk, cover and poach in a preheated oven at 350º for 10 minutes. Drain and remove the toothpicks and leave to cool.
- Cook the mushrooms, butter and lemon juice in a small pan for about 5 minutes. Let cool, then stir in the hazelnuts.
- Roll out pastry and cut into 4 6" circles. Place a fish rool on each one and divide the stuffing mixture between them. Brush the edges of the pastry with the egg. Pull the pastry edges up and over the filling and pinch the edges together firmly. Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake the turnovers on a greased baking sheet in a preheated oven at 400º for 20 minutes or until puffed and golden.