- 2 dessert apples
- 3 ounces butter
- 4 sole fillets
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 clove
- 8 fluid ounces cider
- 1 lemon, juice only
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, core and cut apples into rings; fry lightly in 1 ounce of the butter, and then drain.
- Coat fish with seasoned flour.
- Add the remaining butter to pan and fry the fillets for 5 minutes on each side.
- Arrange on a warmed serving dish, garnish with apple rings and keep hot.
- Add the bay leaf, clove and remaining flour to the pan and stir well.
- Gradually add the cider and lemon juice and bring to boil, stirring all the time.
- Strain the sauce over fish and serve at once.