Recipe by Christy
This is a family favorite. A real comfort food for the days when you or family members have the blues.
Top Review by MandyJ
This one is a keeper. I took it to work as a treat and they all wanted the recipe. I am making it for my daughters lunch for the next week. It is also good for breakfast. I one and a halfed the batter portion and cooked it in a bundt pan. You need to increase the time to about 1 hour. But watch it closely after 45 min.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk (I use lemon juice in regular milk)
Directions See How It's Made
- FILLING: 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/4 cup white sugar 2 tablespoons flour 2-3 tablespoons butter 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon Work all ingredients of"Filling" together until crumbly.
- Cream together butter,sugar, and eggs.
- Sift dry ingredients together; add alternately with buttermilk, to first mixture.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour half the batter into a greased 9" by 9" pan.
- Top with nut mixture; repeat with other half of batter.
- Bake 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes .