Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Wonderful spin to breakfast
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- chocolate chips (or fruit or other filling)
- Combine ingredients except filling in a bowl to make batter.
- Fill each depression in a muffin tin with 1 T of the batter. Sprinkle 4-5 chocolate chips or 1 heaping tsp of filling onto batter. Push filling into batter slightly. Cover with up to 1 T more batter.
- Cook until edges appear bubbly and slightly dry and then flip over. I use a small offset spatula to help flip them. Cook an additional minute or two until both sides are golden and then remove with a spoon. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar and enjoy.