Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious dessert. Also from Flavours magazine. You can substitute other tropical fruit for jackfruit which is not always available. Would be delicious with mango.
- 300 g sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 300 g taro root, peeled and diced
- 300 g tapioca, peeled and diced (cassava)
- 400 ml thin coconut milk
- 6 jackfruit, cut into strips
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 200 ml thick coconut milk
- 150 g sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Steam sweet potato and taro.
- Boil cassava in a pot with the thin coconut milk.
- Cook until cassava is tender and translucent.
- Add sweet potato, taro, jackfruit and banana.
- Add thick coconut milk and season to taste with sugar and salt.
- If you wish to thicken mix a tablespoon of tapioca flour with some water and add to pot.
- Stir and bring to boil before turning off heat.
- Serve warm.