- 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 1 green pepper, chopped into small pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (26 ounce) jarof ragu traditional spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped mushrooms (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and green pepper in olive oil in a 5 quart dutch oven until semi-soft. Add ground beef and saute until browned.
- Add spaghetti sauce and mushrooms if using. Fill spaghetti sauce jar halfway with water, swish to clean the bottle of remaining sauce, and pour sauce water into pot.
- Salt & pepper as desired. Add spices and sugar. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.