Recipe by Lovely Claire
This is NOT my recipe, but I got it from this website http://www.tribo.org/filipinofood/adobo.html. It's one of the best I've tried, very true to the "real thing".
Top Review by Transylmania
This was perfect!! I love adobo and this was the closest I have come to duplicating the first time I tried it. I cut back on the salt. I also loved that the amount of soy sauce is up to you because a lot of recipes are much to salty. Good one to try.
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar or 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons peeled and crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 pieces bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 lb chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 2 lbs pork butt, cut into cubes
- soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Add vinegar, water, garlic, salt, bay leaves and pepper into a large casserole. Bring to a boil. Add the meat, cover and bring to a boil. Simmer and cook for about 30 minutes. Sprinkle liberally with soy sauce and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove meat and reduce sauce.
- Remove sauce to a bowl.
- Put oil into the casserole and brown cooked meat. Drain oil from the casserole, and return the reduced sauce back with the meat.
- Serve hot or cold with warm rice.