Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Make and share this Filet Mignon With Red Wine Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 6 (4 -6 ounce) filet mignon
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 2 1⁄2 cups dry red wine
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Season steaks with S&P and drizzle with olive oil.
- Grill to doneness ~5 mins per side for med-rare.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large pan over med-high eat.
- Add onions and saute until tender ~5mins.
- Add garlic and oregano, saute until fragrant ~30sec.
- Stir in tomate paste, cook for 2 mins, stirring constantly.
- Whisk in wine, simmer until reduces by half ~10mins.
- Strain into bowl, removing solids, return to pan and bring to simmer.
- Add 4 tablespoons to sauce and whisk in little by little.
- Season to taste with S&P.