Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe in an old Sunset BBQ cookbook and have made it numerous times. It has always been a winner. Easy and elegant!
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks
- salt and pepper
- 4 ounces smooth mousse type pate
- 1⁄4 cup madeira wine
- 1⁄4 cup cognac
- Season the filets with salt& pepper.
- Grill to your liking.
- Meanwhile place pate and madeira in a nonstick skillet over low heat, mixing together with a fork until blended.
- When the filets are done roll around in the warm pate/madeira mixture.
- Briefly warm the cognac and pour over the filets.
- Carefully ignite, spooning the mixture over the filets until the flames have subsided.
- Serve, spooning the sauce over the filets.