Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Makes great toast.
Make and share this Fig Walnut Wheat Yeast Bread (ABM) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄3 cup wheat germ, toasted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1 tablespoon butter (or margarine)
- 1 cup water, plus
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup dried fig, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Place all ingredients in machine in order recommended by manufacturer. (Use raisin/fruit bread cycle if possible, adding fruit and nuts at beep.)
- Select medium setting and push start.
- Remove at end of baking cycle and cool on a wire rack.
Nice tall loaf with a tender inside crumb, and a wonderful sweet flavor from the figs and honey. The bread has a little crunch from the fig seeds and walnuts! Will be great toasted for breakfast with cream cheese. I increased the walnuts to 1/2 cup ~ Mixed on the dough cycle and baked in my oven, in Pyrex, at 350F for 30 minutes. Tagged 02/03/13 for Photo Tag!