Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 12 mins
You can tell we like figs. We have six figs trees so far, and when the figs are ripe my wife and I are out eating them off the trees. My wife does so much with figs. These are just some of the recipes.
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups fig preserves
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup candied cherry
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (add to buttermilk)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Cream sugar and butter add beaten eggs.
- Mix baking soda with buttermilk and add to first mixture.
- Gradually add flour and spices.
- Add figs,extract, nuts and cherries.
- Bake in greased and floured tube pan 1 hour and 20 minute at 300 F.