Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 12 mins
You can tell we like figs. We have six figs trees so far, and when the figs are ripe my wife and I are out eating them off the trees. My wife does so much with figs. These are just some of the recipes.
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups fig preserves
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup candied cherry
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (add to buttermilk)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Cream sugar and butter add beaten eggs.
- Mix baking soda with buttermilk and add to first mixture.
- Gradually add flour and spices.
- Add figs,extract, nuts and cherries.
- Bake in greased and floured tube pan 1 hour and 20 minute at 300 F.