Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 6 cups mixed salad greens, rinsed and dried
- 6 fresh figs, quartered lengthwise
- 4 ounces cabrales cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- For the dressing: in a small bowl combine vinegar, shallots, and sage.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slowly drizzle the olive oil into the vinegar mixture, whisking constantly until completely incorporated; set aside.
- Place the walnuts in a cake pan and toast in the oven for 1-15 minutes or until dark golden brown.
- Transfer the walnuts onto a paper towel lined plate and lightly sprinkle with salt.
- In a large bowl combine the salad greens and dressing and toss to coat.
- Divide the salad green between 4 plates, arrange 6 fig quarters on each and sprinkle with toasted walnuts and cabreles.