Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Those snooty Fifth Avenue folk wouldn't want to be caught eating a dessert with Cool Whip or instant pudding! This is a copycat recipe I picked up years ago from a restaurant in California. I updated it to use real whipping cream and lemon pudding; and suggested hazelnuts. Don't bother counting calories with this one.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts or 3⁄4 cup hazelnuts
- 8 ounces prepared lemon pudding, homemade, cooled (see Lemon Sponge Pudding )
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- whipping cream
- lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, mix flour, butter and half of the nuts together.
- Spread the mixture into the bottom of a 9"x 13" baking pan. Bake 15 minutes until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Stir together the softened cream cheese, half of the whipping cream, and powdered sugar. Add the prepared and cooled lemon pudding and the lemon juice. With electric mixer, blend until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on the cooled butter/nut mixture.
- Top with remaining whipped cream and sprinkle with nuts; and lemon zest if desired.
- Chill in the coldest part of the refrigerator until ready to serve.