Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
You see the V word. You either will or you won't. It is not refined eating, but it's the kind of home cooking that working-class people love and enjoy every day. So, if you hate Velveeta, be nice or begone...
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni noodles
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 cup mild salsa
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half or 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon mild chili powder
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Cook the noodles and drain.
- In the same pot over low heat, melt the butter, then add the salsa, milk, chili powder and salt and pepper; stir to blend.
- Add the cheese and stir over low heat until it melts, then fold in the cooked drained noodles and serve.