1/2 Photos of Fiesta-Style Scallops
Paris D's Note:
We haven't tried this yet, but I wanted to post it for ZWT8. I don't often find low-fat southwestern recipes, so I was excited to find this. Prep time includes cooking rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pat scallops dry
- 2Combine cumin, chili and black pepper in a medium bowl. Toss scallops in spice mix.
- 3Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. When oil is hot, add scallops. Cook for 2 minutes per side, undisturbed.
- 4While scallops are cooking, combine hot rice with chopped cilantro, diced tomato, and jalapeno. Drizzle with lime juice and toss.
- 5Serve scallops atop rice and garnish with cilantro if desired.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fiesta-Style Scallops
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.1
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 27.2 mg
- Sodium 469.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 21.4 g