Recipe by Paris D
We haven't tried this yet, but I wanted to post it for ZWT8. I don't often find low-fat southwestern recipes, so I was excited to find this. Prep time includes cooking rice.
Top Review by breezermom
Very enjoyable scallops! The rice is wonderful, and I'll make it again just by itself. I'm a bit of a scallop-a-holic, and this is the first time I've used these seasonings on scallops. Delicious! Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT8.
- 453.59 g sea scallops
- 7.39 ml ground cumin
- 7.39 ml chili powder
- 1.23 ml black pepper, freshly ground
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 473.18 ml whole grain rice, hot-cooked
- 59.14 ml cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 small tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 14.79 ml jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Pat scallops dry
- Combine cumin, chili and black pepper in a medium bowl. Toss scallops in spice mix.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. When oil is hot, add scallops. Cook for 2 minutes per side, undisturbed.
- While scallops are cooking, combine hot rice with chopped cilantro, diced tomato, and jalapeno. Drizzle with lime juice and toss.
- Serve scallops atop rice and garnish with cilantro if desired.