Recipe by Geema
A great brunch dish or informal family meal. Serve it with hot from the oven cornbread.
Top Review by ashlynt
I made this to take a work breakfast. Wow, we all thought it was delicious. Lotta color and Southwestern ingredients. I used 1/2 lb. chorizo, because I love it so much and added some salt and pepper. This would be good for a brunch too. I highly recommend this to anyone who likes breakfast casseroles.
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chili peppers
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits (optional)
- 1 cup fresh salsa, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, cheese, green chile peppers, onion and cilantro.
- Then stir in the corn, black beans, red bell pepper and bacon bits.
- Mix together well and pour mixture into a lightly greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes, or until casserole is fully set.