Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a favorite recipe though simple to make.Try it as a side dish to summer grills or as a first-course to a casual party.The recipe originally came from a cookbook called " Just The Best" Published by some of Canada's top food writers.
- 2 cups chopped ripe tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 large French bread
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat oven to 425F(220C).
- combine tomatoes, garlic, green onions,olives and oregano.
- Cut bread in half lenthwise.
- Sprinkle halves with Monterey Jack cheese.
- Spoon on tomatoe mixture.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes.
Dotty, this is a terrific Bruschetta recipe! Fresh tomatoes combined with the garlic and onions for a burst of flavour. We really enjoyed it at lunch! Thanks for a simple recipe that is sure to please. Made for Aussie Swap :)
Wordeful, appetizer! I skip the olives cause I didn't wanted any at the time.I used both french bread and toast bread. Excellent, it will be often at our house from now on. Thanks, so much! Made it for 12 Days of Chirstmas Swap!
Made this for a party yesterday, TRUE! Delicious, nutritious, healthy for me too! When you want something simple to make, Much better than having to bake :) Thanks