Recipe by Debbwl
A sweet baked tortilla chip that is spiced up with a little cayenne pepper. Adjust the cayenne to your own taste. Believe this came from Low Fat Mexican cookbook.
- 6 (6 -7 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons water
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, Splenda brown sugar blend works well also
- 1⁄16-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, depending on taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In small bowl microwave margarine and water at 100% power for 15 seconds or until margarine melts.
- Stir in brown sugar until smooth.
- Spread equal amounts of sugar mixture over top of each tortilla, leaving 1/2 inch border.
- Lightly sprinkle chips with cayenne pepper.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
- Arrange in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until sugar melts and bubbles and chips feel firm.
- Cool before eating.