Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
A sweet baked tortilla chip that is spiced up with a little cayenne pepper. Adjust the cayenne to your own taste. Believe this came from Low Fat Mexican cookbook.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In small bowl microwave margarine and water at 100% power for 15 seconds or until margarine melts.
- Stir in brown sugar until smooth.
- Spread equal amounts of sugar mixture over top of each tortilla, leaving 1/2 inch border.
- Lightly sprinkle chips with cayenne pepper.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
- Arrange in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until sugar melts and bubbles and chips feel firm.
- Cool before eating.
Yum!!! These are so weird, but in a wonderful way. I added a bit of salt and pepper, and cooked for quite a bit longer. I'm about to make some more right now! :D Thanks!
I absolutely loved these! And considering how quickly they have all disappeared, I'm guessing everyone else did too! I loved the combination of the sweet and spicy flavours. Quick, simple, and delicious! Made for ZWT7 - South America.
Great snack! Loved the sweet and spicy - as other reviewers have said, these are addictive! Cooked mine for about 12 minutes, then cooled them on a rack and they crisped up nicely. Thanks for sharing a keeper!