Recipe by Iowahorse
This is a burger that brings back memories of hunting camps and lone cabins at night on the river,..my uncle Alfred got it from a Magazine and used to make it a lot,..it's quite good.
- 2 lbs ground round
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sweet pickle relish
- 3⁄4 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ounce Bourbon (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, cooked & crumbled (optional)
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix onion, relish, Worcestershire sauce, and any of the optional ingredients you wish to use, together.
- Be sure to get the eggs mixed in completely.
- Roll meat out and make 16 thin patties.
- Spoon the pre-made mixture upon the top of one patty.
- Place another patty on top.
- Press firmly to join them.
- Wipe up the mixture that runs out of the patty stack and spread over the top of the patty stack.
- Either broil in your oven until they are as you prefer them or on a barbecue grill as you see fit.