Recipe by rochsann
The first time I tried it, it became a favorite. In fact, we may be having it for dinner tonight! From the "Ladies Home Journal 100 Great Pasta Recipes" cookbook.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 lb plain fettuccine pasta, cooked according to package directions, drained
- 1⁄2 lb spinach fettuccine, cooked according to package directions, drained
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto ham, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook for 3 minutes.
- Carefully add broth, salt, and pepper; cook until reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Add the heavy cream and boil until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in peas, and cook 1 minute more until heated through.
- Toss the sauce with pasta, prosciutto, and Parmesan cheese.