Recipe by **Mandy**
This recipe is so simple and so tasty. Leftover spaghetti could also be used instead of fettucine. Cooking time also includes 10 mins to cook pasta. This can also be frozen, no problem.
Top Review by MathMom.calif
This was fine. Mandy wasn't sure how much uncooked spaghetti makes 300 g cooked, so I used half of a 1 lb. pkg, which turned out to make 572 g cooked. So I made a double recipe and baked it in a 13 in by 9 in pan. The last 10 minutes I put some Quatro Fromaggio cheese blend on top. Thank you for sharing your recipe. I might use it again if I am innundated with zucchini from my garden. I did like that I was able to prepare parts of the recipe earlier in the day and then later in the evening I mixed in the eggs and baked it. Make-ahead is important for me on working nights. Note: 180Â° C is 350Â° F. 100 g is about 3.5 ounces. 400 grams is a 14 ounce can.
- 300 g cooked fettuccine
- 100 g salami, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 400 g Italian tomatoes, partially drained
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a frypan or saucepan heat oil and add onion, garlic, zucchini and carrot.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes then add salami.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, vegetables, eggs and tomatoes, season well.
- Spoon into lightly oiled flan dish and bake for 45 mins until set.