Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This for people who are confirmed lovers of gorgonzola/bleu cheese. If that's you, this should get you excited! It's quick and easy to make and very creamy and rich but the nonfat ingredients let you enjoy it without guilt.
- 8 ounces spinach fettuccine or 8 ounces tri color fettuccine
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- Cover tomatoes with boiling water until softened. (5-10 min)Cut into thin strips.
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain well and keep warm.
- While pasta is cooking, combine cottage cheese and yogurt in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Heat cottage cheese mixture over low heat.
- Add gorgonzola and white pepper, stirring until cheese is melted.
- Return pasta to saucepan.
- Add tomatoes.
- Pour cheese mixture over pasta and tomatoes and combine well.
- Serve immediately.
Very good and so simple to make! Thanks for sharing!
I used tomato basil whole wheat linguine and sour cream instead of the yogurt and this was amazing. I prepared a five course dinner for valentines day and this was raved about by everyone! Thank you.
Tastes sooooo wonderful.... like something that's loaded with fat but it's NOT! No body would ever guess the sauce contained fat free cottage cheese and yogurt (I subbed FF sour cream); it's too luscious to be this low-fat! My fettuccine was just the regular type. I thinly sliced the sundried tomatoes so there would be a piece in almost every bite. I even sprinkled a little more blue cheese on top. This is a blue cheese-lovers dream! I'm making this again for sure. Thanx for sharing.