Recipe by Carrie in Indiana
This came from Paula Deen's webpage on foodnetwork.com. I cannot wait to try it!! If you try this, let me know what you think!
Top Review by rickoholic83
When I first made this recipe I found it to be VERY rich. I have since made it again and found that using 1 cup regular mayo and 1 cup low fat mayo works much better. Also, if you are making this for a large group, I would suggest using rotini pasta, cut up the chicken into bite-size pieces and mix everything together.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons paula's house seasoning (see directions)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (9 ounce) packages fresh fettuccine
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion, save some for garnish
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- fresh chopped tomato (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the chicken breasts lengthwise into 1-inch strips.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of House Seasoning and all of the thyme and then drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, cook the pasta according to directions on package. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain well and place in large bowl for tossing.
- Remove chicken from baking sheet, set aside.
- Pour the juices from the baking sheet into a med. bowl.
- To the bowl add mayonnaise, green onion, parsley, basil, the remaining 1 teaspoons of House Seasoning, and the seasoning salt and stir until well blended. Pour the dressing over the pasta and toss gently.
- Place the chicken strips on top of the pasta.
- Garnish with tomato wedges and some green onion.
- ~~House Seasoning~~ 1 cup salt, 1/4 cup black pepper, 1/4 cup garlic powder--Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.