1/2 Photos of Fettuccine Boscaiola
Bacon and mushroom cream pasta. Works with any type of pasta! I edited this after Ninna's review, since I also never use butter and don't think bacon needs to be cooked in butter. To make it lighter, use evaporated milk instead of cream. Aussie measurements (1 tbsp = 20mls)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 4 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 brown onion, chopped finely
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- 150 g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 300 ml cream
- 1 tablespoon cornflour, mixed with
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 500 g fettuccine pasta (to serve)
- 1Heat oil spray in large frying pan.
- 2Add bacon, onion and garlic. Cook until onion softens, stirring gently.
- 3Add mushrooms, cook until golden.
- 4Stir in cream, bring to the boil.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer until sauce reduces and thickens slightly.
- 6Add cornflour water, bring to the boil again then instantly reduce heat, stirring constantly as sauce thickens.
- 7Stir in parsley and parmesan.
- 8Salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Pour over boiled hot pasta and mix.
- 10Serve sprinkled with parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccine Boscaiola
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 656.6
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 183.8 mg
- Sodium 168.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 19.0 g