Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fettuccine in a cheese and spinach sauce. Taken from a local community cookbook "Pass The Plate" from Christ Episcopal Church in New Bern, North Carolina.
- 1⁄2 lb fettuccine
- 1 1⁄2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach, fresh leaves
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- black olives (optional)
- While the pasta is cooking, blend cheeses, yogurt, egg, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Add the parsley and spinach leaves.
- Toss the mixture with the drained, hot pasta.
- Garnish with black olives if desired.