Recipe by Pippy
An incredible appetizer with some unusual flavours that will surprise you with how well they balance. Big flavour. From Canadian Living magazine. You have to try it. I doubled this to serve 10 foodies. Cook time doesn't include marinating.
- 7 ounces feta cheese, drained, cut into 1/2 inch dice"or smaller"
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large orange, zest of
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice the feta.
- Mix all other ingredients and pour over the cheese, stirring gently to combine (the recipe didn't call for it, but I bashed up the seeds in a mortar and pestle before adding them to bring out the most flavour- mostly because I got a mortar and pestle for Christmas and wanted to bash some things in it).
- Cover and marinate in the fridge at least overnight, and gently stir occasionally.
- Serve at room temperature, with toasted baguette or crackers.
- IF there are any leftovers, serve yourself directly from the fridge onto crackers.
- This will keep, covered, for two weeks.
- I forgot to take a picture, but it looks gorgeous.