An incredible appetizer with some unusual flavours that will surprise you with how well they balance. Big flavour. From Canadian Living magazine. You have to try it. I doubled this to serve 10 foodies. Cook time doesn't include marinating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 ounces feta cheese, drained, cut into 1/2 inch dice"or smaller"
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large orange, zest of
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Dice the feta.
- 2Mix all other ingredients and pour over the cheese, stirring gently to combine (the recipe didn't call for it, but I bashed up the seeds in a mortar and pestle before adding them to bring out the most flavour- mostly because I got a mortar and pestle for Christmas and wanted to bash some things in it).
- 3Cover and marinate in the fridge at least overnight, and gently stir occasionally.
- 4Serve at room temperature, with toasted baguette or crackers.
- 5IF there are any leftovers, serve yourself directly from the fridge onto crackers.
- 6This will keep, covered, for two weeks.
- 7I forgot to take a picture, but it looks gorgeous.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Feta With Sun-Dried Tomato and Orange Dip
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.0
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 46.8 mg
- Sodium 725.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of