Recipe by Bitsie
Easy and quick to both make and serve. Don't recall where I learned this but seems as though I've always made it. Chavrie goat cheese is my personal fav and this combination of flavors is wonderful tasting and aromatic.
Top Review by hungry4more
Very good! I love how the olive oil and tomatoes combine to create a light sauce that goes great with the feta cheese. I also liked the light crunch cooking the bread gives it! Yum! Thanks for the recipe.
- 1 (5 1/3 ounce) package feta cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced finely
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fresh basil leaf
- 1 small French bread, loaf
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced to make rounds
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400'F.
- Combine cheese, garlic, oregano, parsley and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Cut French bread into 12 round slices.
- Top each slice with slice of tomato and brush with olive oil.
- Place 1 teaspoon of cheese mixture on top of each tomato slice; bake 8-10 minutes or until bread is toasted.
- Remove from oven and top with shredded basil.