Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Easy and quick to both make and serve. Don't recall where I learned this but seems as though I've always made it. Chavrie goat cheese is my personal fav and this combination of flavors is wonderful tasting and aromatic.
- 1 (5 1/3 ounce) package feta cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced finely
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fresh basil leaf
- 1 small French bread, loaf
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced to make rounds
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400'F.
- Combine cheese, garlic, oregano, parsley and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Cut French bread into 12 round slices.
- Top each slice with slice of tomato and brush with olive oil.
- Place 1 teaspoon of cheese mixture on top of each tomato slice; bake 8-10 minutes or until bread is toasted.
- Remove from oven and top with shredded basil.
Very good! I love how the olive oil and tomatoes combine to create a light sauce that goes great with the feta cheese. I also liked the light crunch cooking the bread gives it! Yum! Thanks for the recipe.