Recipe by Outta Here
A colorful dish for holiday dinners, or buffets. Not vegan. This can be made ahead and frozen or reheated. Can use 3 russet potatoes instead of sweet potatoes, or a combination of the two.
- 1 lb zucchini, unpeeled (about 3 medium)
- 3 carrots, peeled
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled (about 1 pound)
- 2 medium onions, peeled and finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves, minced
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil, minced or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup matzo meal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Grate zucchini, carrots and sweet potatoes (can be done in the food processor).
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Spray a 3-quart rectangular or oval casserole with nonstick spray.
- Add vegetable mixture and spread evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until golden brown and firm.