Prep 8 hrs
Cook 8 mins
Have not made these either..but really want to
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup flaked coconut
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 -3 drops green food coloring
- 1⁄4 cup sweet dried cranberries
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy -- add egg and vanilla.
- Gradually blend in flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Divide dough into thirds.place each 1/3 in separate mixing bowls.
- Stir green food coloring into 1/3; set aside.
- Stir cranberries and red food coloring into 1/3; set aside.
- Stir coconut and almond extract into last 1/3; set aside.
- Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with plastic wrap; press green dough evenly to cover the bottom.
- Layer with coconut mixture -- then cranberry mixture, pressing each layer gently to cover the layer below.
- Cover dough and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Lift dough from pan by plastic wrap.
- Cut dough into 5 equal sections.
- Carefully cut each section into 1/8th inch slices.
- Lay flat on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack to cool completely.