Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Aesthetically pleasing rice!
Make and share this Festive Rice recipe from Food.com.
- Rinse jasmine rice thoroughly under cold water in a large strainer.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan with a lid. Cook the garlic, onion, and turmeric over low heat for 2-3 minutes until the onions have softened. Add the rice and stir well to coat in oil.
- Pour in the coconut milk and water and add the lemon grass. Bring to a boil and cook gently until all the liquid has been absorbed by the rice, about 12 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and leave for 15 minutes.
- Remove lemongrass stalk and transfer to a serving platter, add garnishes.