Recipe by ladycat38
I love playing in the kitchen and trying new things. I also love cornbread. At the time I happened to be in a hurry and made this one up for a quick dinner , and it came out great and tasty. I hope you enjoy i .
Top Review by raj_kumari_sky
This is the best dish I've made in weeks! Easy and REALLY tasty! Save a few bucks and sub the red bell ($3.99!) out for a small jar of roasted red peppers ($1.99!). The cornbread is sweet and the meat is spicy - perfect! Oh and by the way, bake for 20-25 min. ^_^
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) canof diced stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box Jiffy cornbread mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground beef, onion and bell pepper till meats cooked through and bell pepper and onion are tender. Drain.
- Add tomatoes, corn and seasonings and stir well.
- Pour into a 8x8 baking dish, add cheese on top evenly.
- Make cornbread as instructed on box.
- Pour evenly over mixture.
- Bake at 425°F until cornbread is golden.