1/2 Photos of Fennel Vichyssoise With Smoked Salmon
From Bon Appetit. I had all the ingredients on hand to make this wonderful soup. This is great hot or cold, and makes a great first course for dinner. Worked as a hot lunch for me too. This makes 8 appy servings or 4 main dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed and chopped, fronds reserved for garnish
- 2 leeks, white part only, halved, rinsed and sliced
- 1 1/2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- salt, and
- white pepper, to taste
- 5 -6 cups chicken stock
- 1 ounce smoked salmon, chopped, for garnish
- 1Melt butter in a heavy pot.
- 2Add fennel, leek and fennel seeds until softened, about 8 minutes.
- 3Add potatoes and 5 cups stock.
- 4Bring to boil, lower to simmer and cook 12-15 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat and use an immersion blender to blend everything. (Alternately, you can add the soup to a blender in batches and return to the pot).
- 6Thin with extra stock if needed.
- 7Pour into bowls, garnish with smoked salmon and fennel fronds.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fennel Vichyssoise With Smoked Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.3
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 33.6 mg
- Sodium 629.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 14.6 g