- 2 medium fennel bulbs
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash fennel bulbs and trim off stalks and greens.
- Cut into slices lengthwise and set aside.
- Put oil into frying pan over moderate heat.
- Chop onion and garlic cloves and place into pan.
- Cook onion and garlic to a slightly brown colour, stirring occasionally.
- Add fennel slices and continue cooking for about 8-10 minutes.
- Grate tomatoes and add to pan.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add wine and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add salt to taste and stir gently.