Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A tasty fennel dish and very light. Perfect company to main meat dishes.
Make and share this Fennel Stew recipe from Food.com.
- Wash fennel bulbs and trim off stalks and greens.
- Cut into slices lengthwise and set aside.
- Put oil into frying pan over moderate heat.
- Chop onion and garlic cloves and place into pan.
- Cook onion and garlic to a slightly brown colour, stirring occasionally.
- Add fennel slices and continue cooking for about 8-10 minutes.
- Grate tomatoes and add to pan.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add wine and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add salt to taste and stir gently.