Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe I make for many family celebrations as it is always popular. Easy to make, quick and delicious.
- 1 kg pork tenderloin, cut into slices
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 orange
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salt, pepper and sugar (to taste)
- Toss the pork in the dijon and salt and pepper to taste.
- Zest the orange; then juice it, reserving juice; and, finally, clean out the orange fibres from within the cup of pith remaining; cut the pith of the orange into good-sized slivers (these will be used in the recipe, as well).
- Heat the oil in a shallow saucepan. Add meat slices and brown on both sides. Add orange juice, zest, pith, lemon juice, water and sugar (to taste) and cook, over low heat, for 15 minutes.
- Combine flour in a little water to make a slurry. Add to pork and juices to thicken sauce slightly.
- Serve over steamed, basmati rice.
Enjoyed the orange flavor with the pork chops. I used boneless pork chops and marinated them overnight. Since I dont have a juicer I cut the pith off the orange first and than squeezed the juice. My gravy was a thicker than I like so I added some orange juice. Served over brown rice which went well with the citrus flavors of the gravy.