Recipe by Jen T
A nice crumble to use when feijoas are plentiful. Other fruits such as rhubarb, apples, peaches, pears or a combination can be used. Goes well with a smooth custard and/or whipped cream.
- 10 -14 medium size feijoas
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 100 g butter
- 1 cup flour (white, wholemeal or 1/2 cup of each)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar or 1⁄2 cup white sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 160'C.
- Peel & slice fejoas into an ovenproof dish.
- Add the brown sugar and water and stir to combine.
- Combine the butter,flour, baking powder and 2nd measure of sugar.
- Mix until like fine breadcrumbs. (use a food processor if liked).
- Sprinkle topping on fruit and bake for 45-60 minutes, until the fruit is stewed and the topping crisp.
- Serve hot or warm with custard and/or cream.