Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Great yeast rolls
- 8 ounces dry yeast (1 package)
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 1⁄2 cups scalded milk (cooled)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 5 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, for tops rolls
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Activate dry yeast in the tablespoon of warm water.
- Scald milk and let it cool.
- Beat eggs.
- Mix all ingredients except flour together
- Stir in flour.
- Cover and refridgerate from 3 to 24 hours.
- Form into rolls (crescent rolls, or folded rolls) cover with towel and let rise for 2 hours.
- Brust tops with the other half cup of melted butter.
- Bake for 10 minutes.