Recipe by Caryn
Our neighbor, a retired college librarian, made the best brownies. She passed along the recipe to me in high school so that our family could continue to enjoy them.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 ounces baking chocolate
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup pecans, broken coursely
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degree F.
- Lightly grease an 8 x 11-inch baking pan.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in top of a double boiler; cool.
- Beat eggs lightly.
- Add sugar, salt, and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Slowly incorporate the chocolate/butter mixture; mix well.
- Gently mix the pecans in the flour.
- Add flour mixture; fold together enough only to mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Cut into squares while warm.