Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This has become the staple salad dressing in our house. I often mix it in the bottom of the serving bowl, add the leaves and toss them and then add all the other ingredients. I normally use spinach leaves, add semi sundried tomatoes, baby tomatoes, olives, cucumber and a variety of roasted vegetables such as pumpkin, sweet potato, zucchini, red capsium and red onions. Fantastic salad but this dressing is the star.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup balsamic vinegar or 1⁄8 cup other wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Taste. If needed add more mustard or maple syrup.