Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This rub adds flavour to meat dishes before cooking on the BBQ. I found it in a BBQ book by Annabelle White
- 1 piece fresh gingerroot
- 2 clove garlic
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 14.79 ml coriander seed
- 7.39 ml clove
- 7.39 ml ground cinnamon
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 1 red chile, deseeded
- 4.92 ml salt
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree.
- This rub will keep in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
- Rub over lamb beef, or chicken before cooking.
- It is great on whole legs of lamb or sirlions.
- Although I have put in the yield, I have never measured this, I just use it till it has all gone.
- Sorry- I will try to check next time.
I loved this Thai inspired rub. It tasted awesome, was full of flavor and different textures. It completely covered 2 pork tenderloins. I baked the meat, because there is still tons of snow on my bbq, it was perfect, just the way we like it, moist, tender and oh so flavorful. I really enjoyed the pockets of different individual flavors. I can't wait to try this on different grilled meats this summer. Next time, I will pound the spices and seeds in my motar and pestle before putting in blender to puree. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful rub which will get used alot at my house.
Easy, very flavorful rub that adds Asian-inspired flavors to meat or chicken, with a little bit of a spicy kick! This will become a favorite during the summer barbecue season. I made this for Spring PAC 2010, thanks!