1/6 Photos of Favorite Quick & Easy Spaghetti and Meatballs
I've been enjoying spaghetti all my life! Been to Italy, and have tried numerous versions all around the globe including this one which remains my all-time favorite (perfected over the years by yours truly!). Hope you enjoy, too. Notes: I like to keep a bag of meatballs (see my Frankies Spuntino New York - Italian Meatballs Frankies Spuntino Restaurant New York - Italian Meatballs) on hand in the freezer, for ease of prep. You can use your favorite fresh or frozen prepared meatballs, -or- crumbled & browned ground beef is also fine. Just add a tossed green salad and garlic bread (see Mom's Easy Onion-Parmesan Topped Bread), and a nice bottle of red wine to round out the meal. Salut! Tip: I use a jar of Classico Italian Sausage & Peppers Pasta Sauce, and whole wheat spaghetti noodles (De Cecco), but your favorite pasta sauce and regular spaghetti noodles is fine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 golden bell pepper, roughly diced (optional)
- 26 ounces of your favorite spaghetti sauce (I use a jar of Classico Italian Sausage & Peppers Pasta Sauce)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green pepper celery and onion
- 1/2 cup dry red wine (such as Reggiano Lambrusco, Chianti, Red Rose or Burgundy)
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 lb prepared italian meatballs (fresh or frozen, -or- use crumbled & browned ground beef)
- whole wheat spaghetti (such as De Cecco)
- grated parmesan cheese
- snipped fresh Italian parsley, to garnish (or snipped basil or oregano)
- 1Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add the bell peppers, and saute them in the oil until slightly softened (5 to 10 minutes).
- 2Add spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes, red wine, the oregano, basil and garlic. Partially cover pot; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often.
- 3Reduce heat, partially cover pot and simmer sauce for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Meanwhile in a separate pot, boil water and prepare noodles al dente; drain.
- 5Add fresh or frozen meatballs (or browned ground beef) to sauce; cook an additional 10-15 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
- 6In individual bowls, ladle sauce over hot noodles.
- 7Serve with grated Parmesan cheese and snipped fresh herbs (such as basil, parsley or oregano) at the table, as desired.
- 8Great served with a tossed green salad & Mom's Onion Parmesan Bread Mom's Easy Onion-Parmesan Topped Bread, and a nice bottle of red wine!
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Favorite Quick & Easy Spaghetti and Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.9
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 1.0 mg
- Sodium 205.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced tomatoes with green pepper celery and onion