Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
. Been doing this for years.
- Cut potatoes in chunks,not to small.
- In a large pan add 1/4 in of oil and dump the potatoes into the oil.
- With a spoon coat all the pieces in the oil.
- Turn oven to 350 and put pan in the oven.
- After 20 minutes with a fork,,slide it under the pieces and flip them over.The reason to slide the fork under the pieces is because some will stick.
- About every 20 minutes flip again.It takes 1 hour for the pieces to be crisp,give or take 10 minutes. Enjoy.
YUM, YUM, YUM! These potatoes are really, really yummy! They are perfectly crisp and browned on the outside with a lovely soft centre. I thought they might be bland due to the lack of seasoning, but they were just perfect with a little salt added after roasting. Mmmm! I checked on them after 40 minutes and they were done, so I took them out. Also I used a little less oil than stated. THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this superb, easy and tasty recipe with us, Nora! It will surely be made again! Made and reviewed for Everyday Is A Holiday Holiday Cup 11/18/09.
Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum ! Definitely a 5 YUM recipe! My DD who does not usually like potatoes (unless they are sweet potatoes) gobbled these down. I used red potatoes and left the skin on them. They were so perfectly browned & crisp on the outside and so perfectly soft and tasty on the inside. I did reduce the amount of oil and just put in enough to cover the bottom of my pan. Tagged this recipe in I Recommend game based on I'mPat's reviews. So glad I did!
Very good potatoes, no wonder your DH enjoyed them so much! I really liked the crispy outside of the potato chunks, sprinkled them with 'dragon salt' mix I had made. Yummy!