Dad's Favorite Cheesy Potatoes in Foil
photo by kellychris
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Slice potatoes thinly onto a big piece of heavy aluminum foil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Crumble bacon over potatoes. Add onion and cheese cubes.
- Slice butter over all and mix mixture gently on the foil.
- Bring edges of foil up, leaving room for steam expansion. Seal with a double fold.
- Place package on grill and cook about 1 hour, turning several times. Be careful not to burn.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an eighth grade teacher who loves to correct people's grammatical mistakes! My husband and I live on the seacoast of New Hampshire and we have a Springer Spaniel named Walter. We love skiing in the winter, hiking in the fall and summer, and going to the beach anytime of year! Before I got married, my mom used to warn my fiance that I couldn't cook. And in part it was true - I despised the idea of slaving away over a hot stove (as my mom used to call "making dinner!") and so avoided pots, pans, knives, fresh ingredients, and the dials on the oven like the plague. But once my fiance and I moved in together, I realized either I learn to cook or we were going to go hungry. So I learned to cook - and realized it was not as hard as I'd always imagined. In the last few years my husband and I have ditched our former poor eating habits and learned to appreciate a myriad of new and healthy foods. And thank goodness for recipezaar - we've found so many new things to try and avoided making a weekly dinner menu that repeats itself over and over. I've even learned how to cook the occasional doggy dinner/treat for my Springer Spaniel, Walter. He loves recipezaar, too!