This is ceviche for the "raw impaired" eater. While I love the traditional ceviche made with raw fish that is "cooked" in lime juice, many of my friends won't touch the stuff! This is an easy recipe that pleases everyone, whether they like raw or not. Its a very forgiving recipe and you can adjust all ingredients to your taste. It was always a hit at potlucks and much requested!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (340.19 g) can albacore tuna in water, drained
- 118.29 ml sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and diced small
- 59.14 ml cilantro, finely chopped
- 1-2 serrano chili, finely diced
- 2-3 limes, juice of
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 8 tostadas
- 1In a bowl, combine tuna, onion, tomato, cucumber, and cilantro. Add lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- 2Add serrano chiles, the amount depending on how much heat you think you can tolerate. Taste and add more if needed. (If it is too hot, you can add another can of tuna).
- 3Once the other flavors are perfect, add the diced avocado and mix gently.
- 4Scoop onto tostadas and serve immediately.
- 5Serving size is one tostada as an appetizer, two tostadas if a light dinner or lunch.
- 6SERVING SUGGESTION: For parties or work potlucks, I usually put the ceviche in a bowl on a large platter and surround with good tortilla chips or the whole tostadas. A bottle of Tapatio hot sauce and a dish of extra chopped serranos on the side makes it even better. Everyone loves this!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Faux Ceviche Tostadas
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.8
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 37.4 mg
- Sodium 346.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 23.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: