Recipe by Jostlori
This is ceviche for the "raw impaired" eater. While I love the traditional ceviche made with raw fish that is "cooked" in lime juice, many of my friends won't touch the stuff! This is an easy recipe that pleases everyone, whether they like raw or not. Its a very forgiving recipe and you can adjust all ingredients to your taste. It was always a hit at potlucks and much requested!
- 2 (6 ounce) cans albacore tuna in water, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and diced small
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 -2 serrano chili, finely diced
- 2 -3 limes, juice of
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 8 tostadas
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine tuna, onion, tomato, cucumber, and cilantro. Add lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add serrano chiles, the amount depending on how much heat you think you can tolerate. Taste and add more if needed. (If it is too hot, you can add another can of tuna).
- Once the other flavors are perfect, add the diced avocado and mix gently.
- Scoop onto tostadas and serve immediately.
- Serving size is one tostada as an appetizer, two tostadas if a light dinner or lunch.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: For parties or work potlucks, I usually put the ceviche in a bowl on a large platter and surround with good tortilla chips or the whole tostadas. A bottle of Tapatio hot sauce and a dish of extra chopped serranos on the side makes it even better. Everyone loves this!