Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 min
A fried cookie that has a mild taste and is low in sugar.
- Beat eggs lightly.
- Add sugar and cream, beat well.
- Blend in nutmeg and salt.
- Add flour (start with less than 6 cups and add until you can roll dough out thin), mix well to make a smooth dough.
- Roll out to 1/16" thickness.
- Cut into 2 1/2" by 1 1/2 " rectangles.
- Make a slit crosswise in the center and slip one end through slit, to make a "bow".
- Deep fry in hot deep fat (350 F) until delicately browned, about 1-1/2 minute
- Drain on paper towels.
- If desired shake in a plastic bag with powdered sugar, or a cinnamon sugar mixture.