Recipe by Mirj
This is for Cindy Lynn, who needs to fatten up her hubby. The recipe comes from Laurel's Kitchen. Lots of fat, but no empty calories.
Top Review by Cindy Lynn
Thanks Mirj. I used both chopped nuts and coconut, then made balls from these, which I rolled in sesame seeds. DH devoured them all in the very same weekend! Since I don't need to put on any extra pounds, I had to work really hard to limit myself to just 2 or 3--chef's perogative to taste test! :-)
- 2 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk powder
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar or 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- chopped dried fruit (optional)
- toasted chopped nuts or sunflower seeds (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup toasted unsweetened flaked coconut or 1⁄2 cup toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix wheat germ, milk, sugar, raisins, salt and optional ingredients.
- Add enough peanut butter to make the mixture stiff but not crumbly.
- Roll the mixture into balls, or press on a flat surface by hand or with a rolling pin until it's about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut into 1 1/2 inch squares.
- Cover with coconut or sesame seeds.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.