Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is for Cindy Lynn, who needs to fatten up her hubby. The recipe comes from Laurel's Kitchen. Lots of fat, but no empty calories.
- 2 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk powder
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar or 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- chopped dried fruit (optional)
- toasted chopped nuts or sunflower seeds (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup toasted unsweetened flaked coconut or 1⁄2 cup toasted sesame seeds
- Mix wheat germ, milk, sugar, raisins, salt and optional ingredients.
- Add enough peanut butter to make the mixture stiff but not crumbly.
- Roll the mixture into balls, or press on a flat surface by hand or with a rolling pin until it's about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut into 1 1/2 inch squares.
- Cover with coconut or sesame seeds.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Thanks Mirj. I used both chopped nuts and coconut, then made balls from these, which I rolled in sesame seeds. DH devoured them all in the very same weekend! Since I don't need to put on any extra pounds, I had to work really hard to limit myself to just 2 or 3--chef's perogative to taste test! :-)