Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick and delicious spinach casserole that, as the title implies, doesn't skimp on the butter or cream cheese. A staple of our family thanksgivings invented by my mother. Once I figure out the equivalent fresh spinach. will post that as well.
- 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- Ritz crackers or similar buttery cracker, crumbled
- Cook spinach and drain, press out as much water as possible. (This is the most important step, as too much retained water will ruin the casserole.).
- Cut cream cheese and 6 oz butter into small pieces and mix with hot spinach.
- Put into a shallow casserole dish.
- Cover with layer of cracker crumbs and dot with remaining butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.