Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
originally from "Fat Free Living Cookbook 2"
Make and share this Fat-Free Fettuccine Alfredo recipe from Food.com.
- Mix 1 teaspoon cornstarch and 1 teaspoon skim milk in a saucepan.
- Add the rest of the skim milk and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium and slowly add the cream cheese, stirring constantly.
- Simmer mixture until thick.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Saute mushrooms and scallions in a nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cook fettucini according to package directions.
- Toss cooked noodles with sauce. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -.
This such a great recipe.Fettuccini Alfredo is one of our favourite meals but I haven't made it years because of all that butter.I put the freshly grated Parmesan and the pepper mill on the table and it was like at the restaurant except better.Thanks for posting.
It was below my expectations. It tasted somewhat....sugary. To make it somewhat pleasant I added oregano, A LOT of pepper, and garlic salt. I could still taste the sugarnness. I'm not hard to please and don't mean to be unkind, but this recipe wasn't that good.
Sorry, I just didn't like this recipe. I ended up throwing it away. I know it is because it is made with fat-free cream cheese, which I don't care for anyway but I thought it might be better in the sauce. It may be better with light cream cheese but I think I'll just give up the fettucine for awhile...