Recipe by KitchenCraftsnMore
A delicious fat free banana muffin, from Good Housekeeping. Delicious and fat free - sounds too good to be true, but it is!
Top Review by WizzyTheStick
The liquid in this recipe is not enough to mix the batter. I added 1/4 cup soy milk to bring ingredients together. These muffins were about what you'd expect for no fat. They tasted okay but the crumb texture, as with other fat free muffins I've tried, was very slightly rubbery. I agree with the previous post that 1/2 cup sugar was too much so I cut the sugar by half and it was sweet enough.
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 1⁄2 cup Grape-nuts cereal
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 2 mashed bananas
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl mix all dry ingredients together.
- In a larger bowl mix all wet ingredients together.
- Add dry ingrediants to wet ingredients.
- Mix just until combined; do not overmix.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean) in a 350 degree oven.